Our Current Commitment To “Green” Includes;
- We purchase recycled copy paper, we re-use one sided paper for internal use.
- We turn lights off in areas that are not in use.
- Many guest rooms are equipped with motion sensors which regulate HVAC to occupied areas only.
- We use CFL bulbs in many of our light fixtures.
- Many of our motors are variable speed to operate as demand requires.
- We change guest bed linens on demand, and not daily unless specifically requested to do so.
- We bundle and recycle cardboard.
- We recycle used fats and oils.
- We use pest elimination services in a micro-manner, versus the macro style of general use of chemicals.
- We purchase equipment with a focus on efficiency, like our new refrigerators in the culinary areas.
- We use the stairs and avoid the elevators when practical.
- Our recent renovation included the recycling of many items no longer useful to the hotel, such as carpet and furniture.
- We return empty toner cartridges to the vendor for reuse.
- We change filters regularly on HVAC equipment to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs.
For More Information Contact:
Marissa Mastellone/Louise O’Brien/Tonya Fleetwood
Dan Klores Communications